Saturday, October 2, 2010

Life with Katie

When was the last time you had a good, hard laugh?  Maybe it's been awhile. And that's OK. We have been programed to be serious about life, that it's the way to get ahead, except for comedians, of course.

I bring this up now because our daughter Katie is into the "terrible twos", and she is only 22 months old. She must have a fondness for the number 2.

Wait. That didn't come out right. But you know what I mean.

She certainly could give a more serious person gray hair very quickly.

Katie has not met a furniture drawer she didn't want to explore, especially in our bedroom, especially on my side. She pulls out my assortment of junk and plays with old watches, booklets and such. You know, the stuff that should be thrown away, but you just can't part with.

That stuff may be junk to you and me, but to Katie it's pure gold.

Another "trick" she has learned is hiding objects. I gave her an old cell phone to play with last week, and a few days later, you guessed it, no where in sight. I asked her "Katie, where did you hide my cell phone?"

She responded, but in Katie-speak, as we like to call her talk when we can't understand her.

As for her career aspirations, at two-years old, Katie has no idea what the term means, but I hope being a stripper is not one of them. Yes, the dear girl likes to go around in her birthday suit. My wife and I hope that as fall turns to winter, the cold temperatures will prompt her to keep her clothes on.

One thing is certain: She keeps us on our toes, and keeps us laughing.

Stay tuned for more stories about Life with Katie.

1 comment: